Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Sitemap generation using scheduler

Level 8

Hi,

I am using aem 6.5.11.0, my requirement is to generate sitemap using service pack11 and Im following this article to generate https://aemsimplifiedbynikhil.wordpress.com/2021/12/01/apache-sling-sitemap-for-aem-6-5-11-and-aemaa...

But im not adding any dispatcher configurations as mentioned in the article When I try to access sitemap.xml its throwing error, is it because of omitting dispatcher configuration part? PFA 

Vani1012_0-1650550242846.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 ,

You don't need the dispatcher configuration to enable the sitemap on localhost. You just need to perform 2 steps.

For generating the sitemap using the scheduler, make sure you are adding the properties and scheduler expression and then restarting the instance. It should work once cron expression is executed. No additional configuration is needed.

For on demand, follow the below steps:

1. Navigate to /system/console/configMgr and look for service "Apache Sling Sitemap – Sitemap Generator Manager" and check the property "All on-demand" as shown in the below imageScreen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.49.45 AM.png
  2. Go to page properties of your parent page and in Advanced tab check "Generate Sitemap" checkbox. Screenshot belowScreen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.52.51 AM.png
  3. Now hit any the page or any child page where you set this checkbox true. You should see the sitemap on the page.
  4. If you still not see, try restarting you AEM instance and then check

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 ,

You don't need the dispatcher configuration to enable the sitemap on localhost. You just need to perform 2 steps.

For generating the sitemap using the scheduler, make sure you are adding the properties and scheduler expression and then restarting the instance. It should work once cron expression is executed. No additional configuration is needed.

For on demand, follow the below steps:

1. Navigate to /system/console/configMgr and look for service "Apache Sling Sitemap – Sitemap Generator Manager" and check the property "All on-demand" as shown in the below imageScreen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.49.45 AM.png
  2. Go to page properties of your parent page and in Advanced tab check "Generate Sitemap" checkbox. Screenshot belowScreen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.52.51 AM.png
  3. Now hit any the page or any child page where you set this checkbox true. You should see the sitemap on the page.
  4. If you still not see, try restarting you AEM instance and then check

Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 ,

I think you followed correct and can you please remove edit.html from your url and try it.

localhost:4504/content/sitemap/us.sitemap.xml

For local don't required any dispatcher setup to check the sitemap.

Level 8

Hi @Sanjay_Bangar,

Yeah I removed edit.html from url in author instance I am getting the output correctly,butScreenshot (66).png

but when I access at publish instance the us.sitemap.xml isnt even loadingScreenshot (67).png

Level 6

Hi, Did u find the reason why in Publish its not working. Facing same issue.