Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Siteadmin with Content Finder

Level 2

Hello,

I got asked by a customer, why it's not possible to have the content finder (cf#) active while browsing the siteadmin (Classic UI)? Without the content finder the author cannot change images through the page properties (when the page dialog is opened in siteadmin). Manually adding "cf#" to the URL causes errors.

I couldn't find any written documentation regarding this topic.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Andras,

yes, that's a small limitation of the siteadmin. But on the other hand it would make the siteadmin much more complicated from a user experience point of view, because most of the time you cannot use it at all. The only usecase where the contentfinder in the siteadmin would be useful at all would the usecase you describe. So I think, that the decision was just reasonable to implement cf in siteadmin.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Totally agree with Lokesh here. Content Finder us a place to find content, assets to be used/authored on a page. cf#  would only be active when you are authoring a specific page. If you need to see your content while you are in the siteadmin mode, you shall refer the Assets folder. 

See the documentation for your reference:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/page-authoring/author-environment-tools.html#The Content Finder - Classic UI

Thanks!

Level 10

'Content Finder' is the place where you can find your resources/content like images, files which needs to be added/authored in the page.  So only when you open the specific page, the cf# would be made available. I dont see a point to have content finder in siteadmin. Any specific usecase/reason why your customer would need a content finder at siteadmin level !!

Level 2

The page properties dialog has a 'html5smartimage' widget. If the author is in the siteadmin and opens the page properties (by right-clicking on a page in the siteadmin table and selecting "Properties..."), he won't be able to change the image there.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Andras,

yes, that's a small limitation of the siteadmin. But on the other hand it would make the siteadmin much more complicated from a user experience point of view, because most of the time you cannot use it at all. The only usecase where the contentfinder in the siteadmin would be useful at all would the usecase you describe. So I think, that the decision was just reasonable to implement cf in siteadmin.

kind regards,
Jörg