Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Site Map is generating but it is not excluding the path which i am providing through sitemapscheduler config.

Level 1

Site Map is generating but it is not excluding the path which i am providing through sitemapscheduler config as shown below screenshot.
And I am using Service package 13. Please suggest how can resolve this issue

Minchu1_1-1693562699945.png

Updating Media

Thanks in Advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Minchu1,

You can choose from one of the following options:

Option 01.
Set the Robots Tags value to "noindex." This action will remove the page from the sitemap. This approach is more useful in the case of individual pages.

Option 02.
Exclude path using the Apache Sling Sitemap - Scheduler. Include the path (excluding .html) within the Excluded Paths configuration in the Scheduler Config. Additionally, Enable the "Generate Sitemap" option in the Page Properties, as it works only when the path itself is a Sitemap Root. This action will remove child pages as well.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

I have added excludePaths without .html but still it not excluding that path from sitemap.xml.

Minchu1_0-1693570414171.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Minchu1,

You can choose from one of the following options:

Option 01.
Set the Robots Tags value to "noindex." This action will remove the page from the sitemap. This approach is more useful in the case of individual pages.

Option 02.
Exclude path using the Apache Sling Sitemap - Scheduler. Include the path (excluding .html) within the Excluded Paths configuration in the Scheduler Config. Additionally, Enable the "Generate Sitemap" option in the Page Properties, as it works only when the path itself is a Sitemap Root. This action will remove child pages as well.

Level 2

if you use AEM ACS Commons sitemap generator or AEMaaCS sitemap generator, you can select "hideInNav", which is a configuration used to remove it from being generated. This is one alternative you can try for removing the path from Site map.