Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Simulation Activity in Targeting Mode (Personalization in AEM 6.1)

Level 1

The AEM 6.1 documentation page Authoring Targeted Content Using Targeting Mode says that

To simulate the visitor's experience, use the following tools:

The simulation Activity in Targeting mode: The page displays the offers for the user that is currently selected in Context Hub. You can edit the offers that target the user.

Where can I find the simulation Activity in Targeting mode?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

The "simulation" text is only a placeholder for "no activity selected". This means that the content displayed by the component comes from the Targeting engine, and not from a selected campaign specifically.

In Touch UI there is no need for the text, since you can just switch to "Preview" to see the content delivered by the Targeting engine. Also, the UI for the campaign store is not implemented in ContextHub, so there is no "campaign selector" there.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Here is the AEM doc topic that may help you - it talks about using  the targeting Mode

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/author/personalization/ct-touch.html

Level 1

In the original post, I asked a question about the very same AEM doc topic. So the AEM doc topic you're pointing me to doesn't help me but is the reason for asking the question in the first place.

The point is: either I don't understand this very piece of documentation or AEM 6.1 doesn't behave as described in the documentation.

Specifically: Should there be a simulation activity in the targeting mode of a page? So if I go into targeting mode, should I see an activity called "Simulation" in the activity drop-down? (This is how I understand the doc topic and there is such a functionality in the client context panel in Classic UI.)

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi

The "simulation" text is only a placeholder for "no activity selected". This means that the content displayed by the component comes from the Targeting engine, and not from a selected campaign specifically.

In Touch UI there is no need for the text, since you can just switch to "Preview" to see the content delivered by the Targeting engine. Also, the UI for the campaign store is not implemented in ContextHub, so there is no "campaign selector" there.

Hope that helps