Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

signup - signin - forget password - disable account

Level 1

Hi, 

I am wondering if there is standard way of creating a signup flow in AEM. I need to create a signup form, sending out an email with activation link, forget/reset password functionality, disable account functionality, ...

This can all be developed of course, but it will be time consuming to figure out myself. Is there a demo project somewhere available providing this functionality? I cannot find this in the demo sites Adobe provides with AEM.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

I am not aware of OOTB module in AEM as of now. But this can be achieved as:

Link:- http://www.baeldung.com/registration-verify-user-by-email

You can implement your OSGI service/Component for doing the same.

Only major thing to do here is to create an activation key that would be associated with particular User/Email/Registration, store this key in DB/JCR and send that key to the user in form of URL. So once User clicks that URL(this URL would be verification along with activation key, eg. “Abc.com/verify?email=xyz@email.com&hash=lksdjljljljsj"), the key would be send as GET parameters back to the server, and this would get verified at server end by comparing it with Activation key stored in DB/MEM cache like Redis.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey,

OOTB Geometrix provides some functionality like /editor.html/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/user/register.html

For activation link and disable, it will need a bit of custom code.

Have a look at Communities add-on to AEM, they might have implemented functionality there.

Regards,

Peter

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

I am not aware of OOTB module in AEM as of now. But this can be achieved as:

Link:- http://www.baeldung.com/registration-verify-user-by-email

You can implement your OSGI service/Component for doing the same.

Only major thing to do here is to create an activation key that would be associated with particular User/Email/Registration, store this key in DB/JCR and send that key to the user in form of URL. So once User clicks that URL(this URL would be verification along with activation key, eg. “Abc.com/verify?email=xyz@email.com&hash=lksdjljljljsj"), the key would be send as GET parameters back to the server, and this would get verified at server end by comparing it with Activation key stored in DB/MEM cache like Redis.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni