Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Sightly: Include multiple components of the same type in a loop.

Level 1

I need to create multiple instances of the same component in a loop based on how many items are in a list. This was easily accomplished in jsp's but in sightly I am not finding a way to do this. In a jsp I would do a cq:include and if the path had the same name it would append a count on the end. Below is an example of my sightly component but need some advice on how to do this correctly. An example of what would be in the row.columnList would be {6,3,3}

<div data-sly-use.row="com.my.aem.components.view.models.MyRowComponent" data-sly-unwrap> <p data-sly-test="${!row.columns}">Please configure row</p> <div class="row"> <div data-sly-list="${row.columnList}" class="pod-grid container-fluid"> <div class="col-md-${item}"> <div data-sly-resource="${'testcomponent' @ resourceType='my/components/content/pods/testcomponent' }"></div> </div> </div> </div> </div>

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

try this...

1. <div data-sly-list="${row.columnList}" class="pod-grid container-fluid">
      <div class="col-md-${item}" data-sly-test.newPath="${
    'testcomponent{0}' @ format = itemList.index}">
  2.   <!-- newPath... ${newPath} -->
  3. <div data-sly-resource="${ newPath @ resourceType='my/components/content/pods/testcomponent' }"></div>
  4. </div>
  5. </div>

with data-sly-test and @ format you can declare a local-var and concatenate Strings.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

try this...

1. <div data-sly-list="${row.columnList}" class="pod-grid container-fluid">
      <div class="col-md-${item}" data-sly-test.newPath="${
    'testcomponent{0}' @ format = itemList.index}">
  2.   <!-- newPath... ${newPath} -->
  3. <div data-sly-resource="${ newPath @ resourceType='my/components/content/pods/testcomponent' }"></div>
  4. </div>
  5. </div>

with data-sly-test and @ format you can declare a local-var and concatenate Strings.

Level 1

This works awesome! I didn't realize that you could set variables using the data-sly-test. Thanks for the help.

Employee

thanks for the feedback. No JSP anymore please :-)

Level 1

Hi,

After including the multiple components of the same type in a loop as suggested the above approach, those components are not reorder-able, is there some config which enables them to reoder like other components, using AEM6.3 with SP1.