Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Side Kick not displaying updated components

Level 2

I have tried these things on our DEV server:

1. Creating the component using CRXDE lite.
  2. Creating the component in Brackets and export to DEV.server
  3. Creating the content package locally and uploading adding it to the DEV server
  4. Rebooting the server.

I'm stuck. All of the above work locally, but when attempted on another AEM author instance none of them work.

Is there a way to clear and reload sidekick? The problem appears to be that Author is not correctly displaying what is in CRXDE. Even deleted and renamed components/component groups are not reflected in the sidekick or the design mode edit dialog. Does AEM cache the sidekick somehow?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi , 

Try clear the browser cache by using the Empty Cache and Hard Reload or use the fresh browser to open the article/page. Hopefully it helps to solve. In my situation it helps me to solve the problem.

Thanks

Uma

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Have you tried deploying the package to a new fresh install of AEM? Do that to see if there is an issue wit the package or AEM instance. 

Employee Advisor

Hi,

while for the first 3 listed attempts a blocked cache (or other reasons leading to observation problems) come into my mind, a restart should fix this all.

There is a cache, which holds the list of components in the system. And whenever this cache is refilled (should be done on adding new components), there will be a message in the log. This message should be like this (numbers pure fiction) issued by the class "com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.components.ComponentCacheImpl:

Loaded 45 components in 13ms

You can look for this message in the log when you have added/removed a component.

Depending on your AEM version there might be others. Can you search the log for messages by this class and paste them here, so we can help you resolving this issue?

Thanks,
Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi , 

Try clear the browser cache by using the Empty Cache and Hard Reload or use the fresh browser to open the article/page. Hopefully it helps to solve. In my situation it helps me to solve the problem.

Thanks

Uma

Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Sadly in desperation we destroyed the server and rebuilt it from out QA environment content and code so I do not have the logs (darn). Very good info to know though. From my digging around it looked like there was a JSON file that had a version id appended to the file name; the file listed the components that I assume was a snapshot from that version ID.