Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Show pages (restricted) with lock icon.

Level 3

Hello experts, I need your help with a use case.

I have a requirement where I have to show some links to the restricted pages (a Link with a lock icon)  to anonymous users.

-- When an user clicks on the page link it takes them to the login page.

-- For logged in users (aka Advisers) the lock icon should not appear and page should open seamlessly.

I had a similar requirement for documents on the website. Which I managed to handle by setting up deny ACL's on renditions/original for everyone and giving read access to advisors.

1378308_pastedImage_1.png

This ACL (shown above) lets me access the document's properties (document title) with anonymous access.

Please help me understand what should I do to get similar experience for Web Pages?

i.e. I want to show restricted web page links (page names) to anonymous users and once they click on it, want to redirect them to login.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I think, that you only prevent read access to */jcr:content/renditions/original in /content/dam, but there are not ACLs on pages which prevent reading pages.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

From what it seems, your use case can be solved using CUG : Closed User Groups in AEM 6.3 Setting up a policy and applying it on the specific pages should take care of it..

Employee

Hi,

I am assuming that links will get rendered via some component in the page. This component can fetch the link info via JS through some async call using selectors, example:

pagelinks.json - For annonymous

advisors.pagelinks.json - For advisors

The Rest service in AEM can generate JSON with links info as per the user type and access, sample:

{

"id": "linkId",

"title": "Link Title",

"url": "http://url",

"islocked": "false",

"target": "_blank"

}

Now since links has info, whether its locked or not, upon clicking, user can be redirected to the login page through Java script.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I think, that you only prevent read access to */jcr:content/renditions/original in /content/dam, but there are not ACLs on pages which prevent reading pages.