Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Show only specific workflows for different sites in CQ5 Sidekick

Level 3

Hi,

Can anyone help me how to show specific workflows only based on the site.

I have 2 sites in my application. I have to show only specific workflows and hide all other workflows in the sidekick. same to the other site.  Am using AEM5.6.1

Please help me to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!!!

Sony C.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

As @lokesh mentioned, OOB you cannot restrict the workflows based on the sites.

As a solution you can override /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/Sidekick.js  file  and customized the list according to the sites you have.

Workflow list using the below service /libs/cq/workflow/content/console/workflows.json?tags=wcm

Create your own service and customize the JS to use your custom service  that would work for you

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

As @lokesh mentioned, OOB you cannot restrict the workflows based on the sites.

As a solution you can override /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/Sidekick.js  file  and customized the list according to the sites you have.

Workflow list using the below service /libs/cq/workflow/content/console/workflows.json?tags=wcm

Create your own service and customize the JS to use your custom service  that would work for you

Level 10

Hi Sony,

OOB, You cannot restrict the workflows based on the sites rather you can restrict based on the Users and Permissions so that when the author logs in only the workflows for which they have the permission would be shown in the sidekick. refer [1] for the same to achieve.

[1] https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/workflows/wf-admin.html

If you want the behaviour for a specific site, then it should be customized at the siteadmin.js level on the logic how the list of models are fetched.