Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Setting password policy in OSGI ActionProvider is not working

Level 4

Dear fellows,

We're using AEM 6.5.5

I was trying to set password policy as community members suggested: using Apache Jackrabbit Oak Authorizable ActionProvider

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-forms/aem-user-password-po... 

http://www.sgaemsolutions.com/2019/10/how-to-set-password-policy-for-aem-users.html 

This is my config, basically it's the same as the tutorial example: 

YuSheng_0-1672315709480.png

However, after I saved the config and restarted AEM, I can still change user's password on touch UI without the constraint:

YuSheng_1-1672315929332.pngYuSheng_2-1672315942942.png

The user is not in administrator group if that matters, would like to know if I miss anything here?

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @YuSheng 

I tried to reproduce this issue and I am not able to do that. If I am using following regular expression then I am not able to set password as "admin".

^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$

Successful: USeit21@

Failed: admin

Error reviewed while setting password as "admin"

ERROR Password violates password constraint (^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @YuSheng 

I tried to reproduce this issue and I am not able to do that. If I am using following regular expression then I am not able to set password as "admin".

^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$

Successful: USeit21@

Failed: admin

Error reviewed while setting password as "admin"

ERROR Password violates password constraint (^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$).

Level 4

Yes it works! shall work on modifying the regex seems some forms of it doesn't work here. Thank you very much!