Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Setting password policy in OSGI ActionProvider is not working

Level 4

Dear fellows,

We're using AEM 6.5.5

I was trying to set password policy as community members suggested: using Apache Jackrabbit Oak Authorizable ActionProvider

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager-forms/aem-user-password-po... 

http://www.sgaemsolutions.com/2019/10/how-to-set-password-policy-for-aem-users.html 

This is my config, basically it's the same as the tutorial example: 

YuSheng_0-1672315709480.png

However, after I saved the config and restarted AEM, I can still change user's password on touch UI without the constraint:

YuSheng_1-1672315929332.pngYuSheng_2-1672315942942.png

The user is not in administrator group if that matters, would like to know if I miss anything here?

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @YuSheng 

I tried to reproduce this issue and I am not able to do that. If I am using following regular expression then I am not able to set password as "admin".

^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$

Successful: USeit21@

Failed: admin

Error reviewed while setting password as "admin"

ERROR Password violates password constraint (^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @YuSheng 

I tried to reproduce this issue and I am not able to do that. If I am using following regular expression then I am not able to set password as "admin".

^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$

Successful: USeit21@

Failed: admin

Error reviewed while setting password as "admin"

ERROR Password violates password constraint (^(?=.*[A-Z].*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$&*])(?=.*[0-9].*[0-9])(?=.*[a-z].*[a-z].*[a-z]).{8}$).

Level 4

Yes it works! shall work on modifying the regex seems some forms of it doesn't work here. Thank you very much!