Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Session management across J2EE app and CQ in tomcat server

Level 4
There is a JSP-servlets Java EE application (ecommerce web site) which is deployed on Tomcat. Now my requirement is to integrate this Java EE application with Day CQ to display content related static pages.

With a hybrid approach, where we maintain all the content related stuff in CQ and dynamic pages (ecommerce like checkout) in the Java EE container, I have the following challenges -

1. Since CQ does not provide an OOTB session feature, how should I do the session management across CQ and the Java EE container? I mean when I go back and forth between CQ and the Java EE container.

Thanks,
Karan
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a few application servers (WebLogic comes to mind) which support cross-webapp session sharing. It is a non-standard feature.

I don't think any app server vendor allows you to share sessions across application server vendors, e.g. between Tomcat and WebLogic.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

There are a few application servers (WebLogic comes to mind) which support cross-webapp session sharing. It is a non-standard feature.

I don't think any app server vendor allows you to share sessions across application server vendors, e.g. between Tomcat and WebLogic.

Level 4

Any response would be highly appreciated ?

Level 4

How do we share the session across the J2EE app and CQ because CQ does not support session management OOTB ?

Level 10

I will ensure we get advice from the CQ eng team

Level 4

It looks like this forum is not at all active. I don't see much responses here not even mine but other questions also.

Is there any other forum where Adobe provides support ?

Level 4

That post in mine only. But there is no solution yet.

Level 1

It's not clear to me why you would want to use CQ5 to serve the static pages of a site, since that usage isn't one of its strong points.  But let's move on.

Why do you want a session in CQ5? If your JEE app uses the MVC pattern then it should be the controller. The pages loaded from CQ5 should use the REST principle, which the controller would ... control.

If you are actually returning dynamic content from CQ5 then I could imagine that you might need to know the security principal. In that case I would look into single-sign on or such.

Employee Advisor

session management is a function offered by the application server. I am not familiar with the specs, but I doubt, that you can share sessions between multiple webapps.

Jörg