Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Purging CDN cache in AEMaCs (Using Adobe CDN)

Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to purge CDN Cache via aemcs. I do not get complete information in this document.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/con...

Could someone guide me with steps to purge CDN Cache? Can I purge directly by configuring pipeline in cloud Manager or do i need to run curl scripts manually to clear cache and what is the recommended way? 

Thank you for your support.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

The Adobe CDN is not flushed automatically because the best practice is to use TTLs (Time-To-Live) to manage cache invalidation in the CDN. The documentation you are referring to is intended for scenarios where bypassing TTLs and manually flushing the CDN cache may be necessary. Flushing the cache is a sensitive task, so I highly recommend reading this article that explains the process: My View on Manual Cache Flushing.

That being said, this is a new feature that cannot be integrated into the Cloud Manager pipeline. You should handle this task yourself, either manually or by automating it, but the choice is yours. The recommended approach is to rely on TTLs, as explained, rather than manually flushing the cache using this method. However, if you really need to flush the CDN, keep the scope as narrow as possible. You could use the Cloud Manager Events from I/O Events to trigger a "process" that runs this command for you.

[1]. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/con... 

EstebanBustamante_0-1722608174016.png

Hope this helps

Esteban Bustamante

Level 1

Hi EstebanBustamante,

Thank you for your response.

Our goal is to clear CDN cache on demand whenever there is a need.

I'm still unclear about the documentation: should I run curl commands locally to achieve this, or is there a better approach? Additionally, I don't understand how CDN config YAML files relate to cache purging if curl commands can be used directly. More information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your support.

Administrator

@ssd89 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni