Expand my Community achievements bar.

Segment(teaser/campaign) vs Mbox(adobe target)

Level 4

I'd like to hear pro and cons using Segment(teaser/campaign) vs Mbox(adobe target).

Both has drawback about performance issue for example for those epic days: superbowl, etc

What's about handle large audience as normall day?(50.000.000 user :) )

Can you shared your experience in order to determined better approach.

Note:

Right now we are using Analytic, Campaign Api, DTM, AEM6.1 and we are starting to use Adobe Target for segmentation and/or recommedation.

AEM is version 6.1

1 Reply

Level 10

Adobe Target Pros
The flexibility of the solution
Advanced segmentation and targeting by leveraging the integrations with the rest of Adobe's Digital Marketing Suite - e.g. AudienceManager, Adobe Campaign and Adobe Analytics - as well as by leveraging the built-in automated decisioning and targeting.
The campaign configuration process within the UI is very intuitive making it relatively easy to set up basic campaigns.
The reporting UI makes it easy to interpret results, examine segments, and push winners.
Ease of deployment via DTM
The level of product support
Rules for targeting

Adobe Target Cons
You will not be able to use this for forms:
Registration forms
Application forms
Email
Documentation could be better
Hard to test - environment needs to be ready
Unable to write mocks
I would recommed using Adobe Campaign API for forms which can be used in adobe target to futher personalising the content.

AEM campaign & segmentation Pros:
No need to buy extra licence
The flexibility of the solution and advanced segmentation based on predefiend properties
Easy to test: no need of new environments like TnT
Can be used on Forms.

AEM campaign & segmentation Cons:
Can't be integrated seamlessly with AudienceManager, Adobe Campaign and Adobe Analytics
thoug posssible with work arounds
No Repoting and analysis feature
Can't perform A&B and multivariate Testing
complicated to write a whole segmentation ad teaser thiong in AEM
Can't swap offer on fly.

Performance wise both of them works really fast.

So verdict: it depends on your business requirement what do you want from your solution.