Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Search result suggested lists show duplicated lists

Level 3

Looks like the search suggested lists picked up all the values from page properties title/page title/navigation title fields (screenshot 1).

Can we just limit to "Title" field, and we won't have 3 duplicated suggested lists (screenshot 2)?

(screenshot 1)

Kamnyc_1-1659714513846.png

(screenshot 2)

Kamnyc_0-1659714271680.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I have created one page with Title called (jcr:title) : Debal Test Page 

DEBAL_DAS_0-1659764827502.png

Page Title: Debal Test Page Bengaluru

Navigation Title: Debal Test Page Bengaluru KA

Details at CRXDE -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1659765723801.png

Then I have made useInSuggest property false at /oak:index/cqPageLucene/indexRules/cq:Page/properties/navTitle

DEBAL_DAS_2-1659765865528.png

Then I have made useInSuggest property false at /oak:index/cqPageLucene/indexRules/cq:Page/properties/pageTitle

DEBAL_DAS_3-1659766008547.png

Then I have made useInSuggest property false at

/oak:index/cqPageLucene/indexRules/cq:Page/properties/nodeName

DEBAL_DAS_4-1659766041233.png

Then I did reindexing of /oak:index/cqPageLucene [made reindex property true and after sometime it changed the status to false ]

DEBAL_DAS_5-1659766075304.png

and now I am seeing result with page title only as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_6-1659766252749.png

Please note that this change will be applicable on entire AEM platform. Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I have created one page with Title called (jcr:title) : Debal Test Page 

DEBAL_DAS_0-1659764827502.png

Page Title: Debal Test Page Bengaluru

Navigation Title: Debal Test Page Bengaluru KA

Details at CRXDE -

DEBAL_DAS_1-1659765723801.png

Then I have made useInSuggest property false at /oak:index/cqPageLucene/indexRules/cq:Page/properties/navTitle

DEBAL_DAS_2-1659765865528.png

Then I have made useInSuggest property false at /oak:index/cqPageLucene/indexRules/cq:Page/properties/pageTitle

DEBAL_DAS_3-1659766008547.png

Then I have made useInSuggest property false at

/oak:index/cqPageLucene/indexRules/cq:Page/properties/nodeName

DEBAL_DAS_4-1659766041233.png

Then I did reindexing of /oak:index/cqPageLucene [made reindex property true and after sometime it changed the status to false ]

DEBAL_DAS_5-1659766075304.png

and now I am seeing result with page title only as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_6-1659766252749.png

Please note that this change will be applicable on entire AEM platform. Hope this will help you.

Employee Advisor

If I revert all my changes then again I will be seeing search suggestion with page properties title/page title/navigation title fields as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_7-1659766717048.png

Level 3

Hi DEBAL_DAS, thank you for the answer. I tried on the stage environment, the problem was it's working on the stage author instance but stage publisher still showing duplicated titles, any idea?

Also, with CSE helped, we updated the properties value on production publishers. But both environments author and publishers instances are still picking up suggest values from title/page title/nav title.

Employee Advisor

How did you deploy those property level changes in stage AEM publish instance? Could you please do the reindexing on stage publish instance and then validate.

Please do the reindexing on production publishers during non business hours and then validate.

One question why are you implementing the same on AEM publish instance ? I want to understand functional significance here.

Level 3

No, we didn't deploy anything, we updated property value directly on stage CRXDE environment.

I new to AEM, I though once we updated the property value on stage CRXDE, it should affect both author and publishers instances? The same should apply to the production, once we updated the production publisher CRXDE, it should apply both to the author and publishers instances? Please advise.

Employee Advisor
  •  AEM author and publisher both are separate instance. If I make any change in author instance , that change won't be applied automatically on publish [I don't want make it complex as of now].

• Could you please check whether you property level changes are available in stage AEM publish instance or not. If not please execute the similar steps on stage publish instance what you have done it on stage author instance and validate. Then we think about Production instance.

• Again same question why are you implementing the same on AEM publish instance ? I want to understand the functional significance here. Please ask this question to your architect or team lead first.