Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Scroll to Thank you Message on Form Submit

Level 2

My Adaptive Form is embedded on page with AEM Form component. I'm using Thank You Message option to display message on form submit but I have a long form. Upon submit, page doesn't scroll to thank you message. Instead it stay on same spot and it's just white space. How can we fix this? I want page to scroll to thank you message on submit.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @MoiezMa you can inspect the form and get its id/class and you can do the same for the thank you message. Then you can use a custom js to scroll to the thank you message. Sample code is below:

const form = document.getElementById('myForm');
const thankYouMessage = document.getElementById('thankYouMessage');

form.addEventListener('submit', (event) => {
  event.preventDefault();
  // Smooth scrolling to thank you message
  thankYouMessage.scrollIntoView({ behavior: 'smooth' });
});

Make sure you put the js code in right clientlib and use console statements to make sure the code is called.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @MoiezMa,

If you can read whether form submit is success, you can try to use guideBridge.setFocus() to set the focus on the thank you message.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ramkumar

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @MoiezMa you can inspect the form and get its id/class and you can do the same for the thank you message. Then you can use a custom js to scroll to the thank you message. Sample code is below:

const form = document.getElementById('myForm');
const thankYouMessage = document.getElementById('thankYouMessage');

form.addEventListener('submit', (event) => {
  event.preventDefault();
  // Smooth scrolling to thank you message
  thankYouMessage.scrollIntoView({ behavior: 'smooth' });
});

Make sure you put the js code in right clientlib and use console statements to make sure the code is called.

Level 2

Thank you @kapil_rajoria I end up implementing a similar solution. I had to put my code in

DOMContentLoaded event and use jQuery to check if Iframe exist before firing the code also I didn't use event.preventDefault(); to allow form to submit. Thank you for your support. 

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", (event) => {
            //Run code once Iframe is loaded
            $('#aemFormFrame').load(function() {   
                let formIdrame = document.getElementById("aemFormFrame");
                if(formIdrame){
                    const iframeY = window.scrollY + formIdrame.getBoundingClientRect().top - 160 // Y
                    const iframeX = window.scrollX + formIdrame.getBoundingClientRect().left // X
                    formIdrame = formIdrame.contentWindow
                    const formSubmitBtn = formIdrame.document.getElementById("guideContainer-rootPanel-submit___widget");
                    if(formSubmitBtn){
                        formSubmitBtn.onclick = function() {
                            window.scrollTo(iframeX,iframeY)
                        };
                    }
                }
            });
        });