Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Scene7 in localhost

Level 5

Hi, 

I want to setup scene7 server in my local to check about some image rendition. Can anyone guide me how to do that ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

@Tessa_learner1 ,

To preview Dynamic Media/Scene 7 content (renditions) in AEM author, author instance ip needs to be whitelisted (“allowlist”) in Dynamic Media Image Server. As your Dev author instance must have been whitelisted in Dynamic Media Image Server hence renditions generated in Dynamic Media is visible in Dev AEM instance. So, you need to whitelist local author ip.

Please check "To configure Dynamic Media Cloud Services -> point 6"  from below reference dicument

Configuring Dynamic Media - Scene7 mode | Adobe Experience Manager

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Please confirm whether you want to do connection of AEM with scene7 on your local or you want to see the images/renditions created in Scene7 locally?

Level 5

@Sachin_Arora_  Thanks for your understanding. Yes, I want to see the image rendition created in scene7 in localhost. In my Dev server , when I select image from content/dam it's automatically changed to scene7 url in the page, the same I want to check in my local. 

Community Advisor

Please check this App : Dynamic Media Classic Desktop App. It will give you more information about images from Scene7 perspective.

Link : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/dynamic-media-classic/using/intro/dynamic-media-classic-desk...

Correct answer by
Level 5

@Tessa_learner1 ,

To preview Dynamic Media/Scene 7 content (renditions) in AEM author, author instance ip needs to be whitelisted (“allowlist”) in Dynamic Media Image Server. As your Dev author instance must have been whitelisted in Dynamic Media Image Server hence renditions generated in Dynamic Media is visible in Dev AEM instance. So, you need to whitelist local author ip.

Please check "To configure Dynamic Media Cloud Services -> point 6"  from below reference dicument

Configuring Dynamic Media - Scene7 mode | Adobe Experience Manager