Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Say if I update some values in AEM bundle but it's not reflecting. What's the fix?

Level 5

I was asked this question in an interview. If someone could please help me out with the answer, it will add to my knowledge. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can reply:

This is a very tricky question, but you can say:

1. It's not recommended to update the configuration from the OSGI config manager console but if you will, let's proceed.
    1. When you update the configuration from /system/console, then the services in the bundle should restart, upon on saving.
    2. When the configuration from /system/console is saved from the UI, then changes should show up from /apps/system
    3. when /apps/system persist, it will override anything from /apps/my-app
    4. when your services are not picking up configuration from your custom configuration from /system/console , then you might want to restart the server, ideally you would want to take a look at the logs too, to see if services are being restarted.
    5. if nothing reflects, then you can restart the AEM server, assuming that the services are working as expected on lower environments such as local, develop & staging.

I think the interviewer wants you to be abstract and think of all possible ways for debugging and solving the problem. I interview people month on, and I think this would be an answer that I would accept as an interviewer. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@arindam6600 What exactly was updated on the bundle and what is not reflecting, did you mean OSGI config? Could you give more context here?

It could be in the resolved state and could be having some dependency issues - if the bundle is not active after an update.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can reply:

This is a very tricky question, but you can say:

1. It's not recommended to update the configuration from the OSGI config manager console but if you will, let's proceed.
    1. When you update the configuration from /system/console, then the services in the bundle should restart, upon on saving.
    2. When the configuration from /system/console is saved from the UI, then changes should show up from /apps/system
    3. when /apps/system persist, it will override anything from /apps/my-app
    4. when your services are not picking up configuration from your custom configuration from /system/console , then you might want to restart the server, ideally you would want to take a look at the logs too, to see if services are being restarted.
    5. if nothing reflects, then you can restart the AEM server, assuming that the services are working as expected on lower environments such as local, develop & staging.

I think the interviewer wants you to be abstract and think of all possible ways for debugging and solving the problem. I interview people month on, and I think this would be an answer that I would accept as an interviewer.