Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

SAX Exception while importing i18n files (Japanese and Korean)

Former Community Member

We are unable to use Japanese and Korean translations in our project.

When importing/installing the i18n files to CRX, we get a cryptic SAX Exception:

[ERROR] Error while parsing <...>\vaultclipse\1416246615305\jcr_root\apps\projectX\i18n\ja.xml: org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown type: 0 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown type: 0 [ERROR] E /apps/projectX/i18n/ja (org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown type: 0 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown type: 0) E /apps/projectX/i18n/ja (org.xml.sax.SAXException: unknown type: 0 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown type: 0)

We experience this error with Japanese and Korean files, including their regionalized versions, and when importing via any means (Vaultclipse, File Vault CLI, content-package-maven-plugin, CRX Package Manager).  The files are UTF-8 encoded (without BOM), as are the other 30+ i18n files that we are using.  We have run these files through other SAX parsers without issue.

Is there any way to figure out what's going on here?  Is it a known issue?

2 Replies

Level 4
        Did you find the cause? Getting the same error with en/es/pt dictionaries.

Level 1

Special characters in the value field usually cause this. Escaping the special character should fix the issue.