Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Running CURL command on AEM Publisher Instance

Level 4

I am in the middle of converting some of project folders from nt:folder to Sling:Folder inorder to set some custom folder schema to it, 

I am able to change it successfully in Author. 

I am not able to run the same CURL command in my Publisher Instance ,getting 404 even though particular path is present in the instance.

Anything I am missing above ?

curl -v -u "username":"password" -F"jcr:primaryType"="sling:Folder" publisherURLLink

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@PoovithaSelvaraj 

Try unpublishing the content and publishing it again.

It will make the content unavailable for a while in publisher but it will update all nodes.

Given that, unavailability for few minutes is not an issue!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @PoovithaSelvaraj 

Please try publishing these paths, rather than updating in publish via curl command.

curl -u admin:admin -X POST -F path=“/content/path/to/page?lang=en” -F cmd=“activate” http://localhost:4502/bin/replicate.json 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Hi , 

I was not able to publish since in Publisher it is still nt:folder and when I am publishing , it is giving oak contraint exception
error: com.day.cq.replication.ReplicationException: Repository error during node import: OakConstraint0025: <Path>[[nt:folder, cq:ReplicationStatus]]: Unexpected child node 'jcr:content' of effective type '[nt:unstructured]' found in a new node

Thanks,

Poovitha S

Community Advisor

@PoovithaSelvaraj 

Which type of an instance is it? AMS or Cloud?

If AMS, can you please login to publish using the same/admin creds? Please access http://localhost:4502/useradmin and check the type of access this user has

Aanchal Sikka

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@PoovithaSelvaraj 

Try unpublishing the content and publishing it again.

It will make the content unavailable for a while in publisher but it will update all nodes.

Given that, unavailability for few minutes is not an issue!

Administrator

@PoovithaSelvaraj We hope you found the AEM community valuable. We anticipate your return as either a learner or a contributor. The community benefits from SMEs like you. Please ask your AEM peers to join and contribute. Happy AEM learning!

Kautuk Sahni