Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Run DAM Metadata Writeback on upload of an asset

Level 3

In our DAM, we have Processing Profiles set up to default metadata for assets.  With the OOTB configuration, the DAM Update Asset Workflow runs and executes these Processing Profiles correctly.  We want to also run the DAM Metadata Writeback workflow on upload, so that the metadata set in the Processing Profiles is written back to the binary of the asset.  I created a Launcher for this, but it fires before the DAM Update Asset workflow, so it doesn't writeback the metadata that is added via the Processing Profiles.  As a workaround, I added the XMP Writeback step to the DAM Update Asset workflow.  Is this the correct way to handle this?  If so, since this will now execute whenever the DAM Update Asset workflow runs, should the modify launcher for the DAM Metadata Writeback workflow be disabled?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Adding XMP Writeback step to the DAM Update Asset workflow  is correct & I would say temporary workaround.   Can you please file a enhancement support ticket because this should happen oob.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Adding XMP Writeback step to the DAM Update Asset workflow  is correct & I would say temporary workaround.   Can you please file a enhancement support ticket because this should happen oob.