Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

RTE not allowing jsp links and it is stripping

Level 3

Hi Team,

We have a requirement for RTE to allow JSP personalization blocks in the email campaign when I tried to add the link it striping out and converted the tags into special characters. Please help me earliest.

AEM 6.5 version 

when I add the link and submit the dialog: it is converting <%@, %>, "," as special characters, and then when I open the dialog it is not showing the link.

Satish2info_0-1671623548242.png

Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

It sounds like you are trying to add JSP personalization blocks to the RTE in AEM, but the RTE is stripping out the tags and converting them into special characters. This is likely happening because the RTE is designed to filter out certain types of HTML tags in order to prevent XSS (Cross-Site Scripting) attacks and other security vulnerabilities. You can try and see if below steps work for you:

To allow JSP personalization blocks in the RTE, you will need to modify the RTE's configuration to allow the necessary tags. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:

1. Navigate to the "Configuration" tab in the AEM Web Console and search for the "Rich Text Editor" configuration.

2. Select the "Rich Text Editor" configuration and click "Edit".

3. In the "Allowed HTML Tags" field, add the JSP personalization blocks that you want to allow in the RTE. For example, you might add the following tags:

<%@, %>, ","

1. Save the "Rich Text Editor" configuration.

2. Test the RTE to ensure that it is now allowing the JSP personalization blocks that you added.

By following these steps, you should be able to modify the RTE's configuration to allow JSP personalization blocks.

Thanks,

Monendra

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi @arunpatidar, Thanks for the reply. Provided link is not helpful please provide any other thoughts.

Correct answer by
Level 4

It sounds like you are trying to add JSP personalization blocks to the RTE in AEM, but the RTE is stripping out the tags and converting them into special characters. This is likely happening because the RTE is designed to filter out certain types of HTML tags in order to prevent XSS (Cross-Site Scripting) attacks and other security vulnerabilities. You can try and see if below steps work for you:

To allow JSP personalization blocks in the RTE, you will need to modify the RTE's configuration to allow the necessary tags. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:

1. Navigate to the "Configuration" tab in the AEM Web Console and search for the "Rich Text Editor" configuration.

2. Select the "Rich Text Editor" configuration and click "Edit".

3. In the "Allowed HTML Tags" field, add the JSP personalization blocks that you want to allow in the RTE. For example, you might add the following tags:

<%@, %>, ","

1. Save the "Rich Text Editor" configuration.

2. Test the RTE to ensure that it is now allowing the JSP personalization blocks that you added.

By following these steps, you should be able to modify the RTE's configuration to allow JSP personalization blocks.

Thanks,

Monendra