Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

RTE Hyperlink is not working in Touch UI dialog

Level 4

Hi,

I am using AEM6.2.

I have created Touch UI dialog. but after creating hyperlink inRTE  in touch UI dialog it did not save the hyperlink. please help me get it work. PFB the details

Dialog:

<errornode jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured" sling:resourceType="/libs/cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext" fieldDescription="field description" fieldLabel="Enter error text" name="./errortext"/>

Step-1 : Adding Hyperlink 

Step-2 : before Saving 

Step-3 : after save, page are in ?wcmmode=disabled  

13 Replies

Level 10

Try an ootb component that uses a RTE and see if that one works. 

Level 10

When you say Saving  - do you mean clicking the check mark on the Dialog? There is no explicit Save button.

Anyhow - i can add a  link using the RTE in a TOuch UI component: 

I closed the page and re-opened and the link is still there, Also in page source

Administrator

As stated by Scott, i have have also tested this on 6.2.

It is working perfectly fine.

Can you please check if there is some error coming up in the browser console and AEM error.log ?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Administrator

have you done some changes in RTE ?

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

No

while saving i am getting error on browser console.

core.f3121f8….js:23066 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'componentConfig' of undefined(…)

Level 1

Hi All,

I am using a RTE in touch UI and using source EDIT feature. I have anchor tag in the source coude that is html. When I toggle between view source and view mode of source edit option,${dynamicEmail}".  When I convert to json using custom servlet, the href is becoming empty. Can you please help.

Best Regards,

SG.

Level 1

Just to add more clarity on the issue. When you toggle between view source and view html mode of source edit the href value (like ${emailTemp} is becoming blank. Same is the case when we translate this to a JSON response.

Community Advisor

there could be chances that your href is getting trimmed because of XSS protection.

Level 10

I have never seen this issue.  You could be facing some sort of bug - please open a ticket so it can be fixed.

Former Community Member

I also seem to be experiencing this issue as well with the Rich Text Editor, when trying to add a hyper link in and then clicking the tick (to save) then clicking the page tick (to save page changes), the hypertext link isn't saved...  any suggestions?

Community Advisor

Will try to replicate this issue in 6.2 and get back to you soon.