Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Rollback published page for more than 1 month

Level 2

Hello,

i want to ask is there any solution for rollback published page for more than 1 month, in my case its already 3 month, please let me know if you have been through this before.

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @iwanttobeDev,

I'm not sure if I've got the issue right! If you want to rollback pages, you can simply do it and it has nothing to do with timeframe. Or are you talking about rolling back page version?

Could you please be more specific here?

Best regards,
Himanshu Singhal

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

@iwanttobeDev There is an option in AEM , where you can manage Publish/Unpublish . You can select the pages and Select a timeline to Unpublish using Manage Publications . Please refer here https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/6-3/sites/authoring/using/publishing-pages.html#main-p...

Also , if you are planning to do a bulk unpublish, may be you can write a scheduled Job , which runs in a particular time period and look for the pages older than a month and unpublish 

Thanks

Veena ✌

Level 2

thanks for your explanation, but i think we got wrong topic, ist similiar like rollback version, lets assume right now after i publish my page i called that v.3 i want to take it back on 'v.1' where the content from v3 and v1 its really diffrent, but unfortunately im not implement versioning manualy like @vanegi @Himanshu_Singhal mentioned

im trying with 'timelike' from @vanegi  but i guess its expired due date, because theres no option 'revert to this version' then im tried using 'timewrap' on editor mode, and set the date when v1 published, still theres nothing change, is there possible if i want take it back the content from v3 into v1?
@VeenaVikraman 

Thanks for your help.

Community Advisor
Oh I am sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you want to unpublish. Got your point.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @iwanttobeDev,

I'm not sure if I've got the issue right! If you want to rollback pages, you can simply do it and it has nothing to do with timeframe. Or are you talking about rolling back page version?

Could you please be more specific here?

Best regards,
Himanshu Singhal

Level 2

in your case, how you rollback the pages that you want to? im talking about rollingback published page base on time when it published, for example:
current page is on 25 june 2020, and i want to rollback the page when im published on 12 march 2020, how can i do that? thanks bro @Himanshu_Singhal 

Community Advisor
You can do it using the feature "Manage Publication".

Community Advisor

You can manage activate/deactivate using "Manage Publication" option available in http://localhost:4502/sites.html
Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 15.13.00.png

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 15.10.51.png

Select the Publish/Unpublish option and choose date to perform the action. 

Level 2
sorry before im not get it, is this method for scheduling publish/unpublish date so it can automatically publish, but i will try if this method can rollback the page , thanks bro @Himanshu_Singhal

Community Advisor
It's both for publish & unpublish. So, it'll rollback back your page.

Employee

If you have a version created for that time, you can revert back to it.

To revert to a previous version:
  1. Navigate to show the page you want to revert to a previous version.
  2. Select the page in selection mode .
  3. Open the Timeline column and select either Show All or Versions . The page versions for the selected page will be listed.
  4. Select the version you want to revert to.

Capture.JPG

5. Select Revert to this Version . The selected version will be restored and the information in timeline will be updated.

Level 2
unfortunately im not create version so i cant using this method, but thanks for your help @venegi