Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Richtext text inside multifield not working in content fragment

Level 3

Hi All,

I have a requirement where we need to add richtext text inside multifield within content fragment. I have checked multiple blogs but no where the solution is mentioned. First of all, is it possible to have richtext under multifield within the content fragment.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

It is possible to add multifield with richtext inside content fragment (with some custom node configuration from crxde) as it uses the same dialog resource type cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog

i just did it and it works with multifield after configuring the content fragment model using (contentreference widget --> and configure it for multifield) default will come with text field. Now go to your model its created for example conf/project/setting/dam.... and then change the configuration of "field" node under multifield node as attached image

note: make sure the mulfield node and field node has same "name" configured as it comes already configured when you create model initially.

hope it helps!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.21.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.20.07 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

RTE capabilities are supported only in AEM component dialogs. RTE is not supported on wizards or Foundation-forms like Page Properties and Scaffolding on Touch-enabled UI.

Content Fragment Model is of "wcm/scaffolding/components/scaffolding" resource type.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/operations/rich-text-edi...

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

It is possible to add multifield with richtext inside content fragment (with some custom node configuration from crxde) as it uses the same dialog resource type cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog

i just did it and it works with multifield after configuring the content fragment model using (contentreference widget --> and configure it for multifield) default will come with text field. Now go to your model its created for example conf/project/setting/dam.... and then change the configuration of "field" node under multifield node as attached image

note: make sure the mulfield node and field node has same "name" configured as it comes already configured when you create model initially.

hope it helps!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.21.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.20.07 AM.png

Level 3

I tried the configuration which you mentioned in the screenshot and it dint work. Can you please confirm if you add any other configurations to make this work?

Level 2

Hi @Pawan-Gupta I tried the RTE inside content fragment multifield. When I try to save CF, the RTE values not getting save. and also additional item get added when I reopen the CF again with blank data. Can you please provide any working example link.