Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Restrict Page name to be lower-case

Level 2

How can we restrict the page name to be lower case when creating a new page? If the name is left empty, it takes the the value entered into the title field. We want to use the same value but convert it to a lowercase. 

Thanks

Ani

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I have achieved this by using validator , below code will convert caps into lower case and also converts _ into -. You can add additional logic as per your need

$(window).adaptTo("foundation-registry").register("foundation.validation.validator", {

selector: ".pageName",

validate: function(el) {

$(".pageName").val($(".pageName").val().replace(/_/g, '-').replace(/-{2,}/g, '-').toLowerCase());

}

});

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I have achieved this by using validator , below code will convert caps into lower case and also converts _ into -. You can add additional logic as per your need

$(window).adaptTo("foundation-registry").register("foundation.validation.validator", {

selector: ".pageName",

validate: function(el) {

$(".pageName").val($(".pageName").val().replace(/_/g, '-').replace(/-{2,}/g, '-').toLowerCase());

}

});

Community Advisor

Hi,

AEM does it for you. Can you please let me know the following :

1. Which version of AEM are you using?

2. Checking for AEM page title? can you share example page title?

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Hi,

sorry to resurrect this answer but I am doing it for the sake of other people facing this problem.

The official documentation for AEM 6.5 and AEMaaCS states that:

"When creating a new page, AEM will validate the page name according to the conventions imposed by AEM and the JCR.

The minimum allowed characters are:

‘a’ through to ‘z’
 ‘A’ through to ‘Z’
 ‘0’ through to ‘9’
 _ (underscore)
 - (hyphen/minus)"

So uppercase letters are allowed in the "Name" field.

Source for AEM 6.5 (Last Updated: April 18, 2023): https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/authoring/authoring/managing-pages.htm...

Source for AEMaaCS (Last Updated: September 22, 2022): https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/sites/authoring/fun...

@Ravi_Pampana's answer is correct because you will have to create some custom code to change upper case letters to lower case if you do not want them like that.

Kind regards.