Expand my Community achievements bar.

Resource type not coming while performing inplace editing (editorType is plaintext)

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to solve a problem where I have a custom component with only textfield - with an in-place editing node and editorType is plaintext. When I include this component in another component and perform in-place editing, the authored value gets stored but resourceType for the component is missing in the content node.

However, if I drag and drop this component separately it works fine.

Please help me with how can I solve this by keeping editorType as plaintext.

Note: When I change editorType to text or title, it works fine. It is only not working with the plaintext option and that is what I have to use.

saumyaj49332255_0-1686159588763.png

inplace-editing.png

saumyaj49332255_1-1686159740647.png

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @saumyaj49332255 , RTE by definition is for rich text. I understand what you are trying to achieve here but wouldn't Text Area or Text field will fit better here?
See this thread for reference https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/rte-text-component-plainte... 

I am not using RTE anywhere. This is about plaintext. I am using textfield only inside the component dialog , but I also want in-place editing for this component and that is not working.

Community Advisor

Okay, isn't this a text component? Can you provide some info here, path of this component and AEM version you are on.

No this isn't a text component. It is a simple custom component with only one field (type-text field) inside it. AEM version is 6.5

Community Advisor

To better understand the customization done, can you share the component and package, Is there a superType your custom component is pointing to.

Sure. Here is the screenshot of the dialog :

saumyaj49332255_0-1686237210757.png

Also, have attached the package of the same.

Community Advisor

Hi @saumyaj49332255 , for some reason I don't see any package attached, this does seem interesting can you please provide a screenshot of the dialog node, It will give a better idea. Thanks