Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Resource at '/sites.html/content' not found: No resource found

Level 2

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to configure AEM author instance in centos8.  Below are my system configuration,

java : 11.0.13

AEM : 6.5.0

Run Modes = [s7connect, crx3, author, samplecontent, crx3tar]

I ran "java -jar cq-author-p4502.jar" to extract server.  Once password is provided, restarted server using start script.  I can see the server up and running.  

However when I'm trying to access I'm getting below error on sites.html.  I'm able to access assets.html anyway. unable to access the project page navigation only.

Resource at '/sites.html/content' not found: No resource found

Cannot serve request to /sites.html/content in /libs/sling/servlet/errorhandler/404.jsp

Request Progress:

0 TIMER_START{Request Processing}
      4 COMMENT timer_end format is {<elapsed microseconds>,<timer name>} <optional message>
     10 LOG Method=GET, PathInfo=null
     13 TIMER_START{handleSecurity}
   1772 TIMER_END{1756,handleSecurity} authenticator org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator@598a633d returns true
   2129 TIMER_START{ResourceResolution}
   2369 TIMER_END{237,ResourceResolution} URI=/sites.html/content resolves to Resource=NonExistingResource, path=/sites.html/content
   2384 LOG Resource Path Info: SlingRequestPathInfo: path='/sites.html/content', selectorString='null', extension='html', suffix='/content'
   2386 TIMER_START{ServletResolution}
   2394 TIMER_START{resolveServlet(/sites.html/content)}
   4566 LOG {0}: no servlet found
   4582 TIMER_END{2186,resolveServlet(/sites.html/content)} Using servlet org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet
   4590 TIMER_END{2202,ServletResolution} URI=/sites.html/content handled by Servlet=org.apache.sling.servlets.get.DefaultGetServlet
   4596 LOG Applying Requestfilters

I recreated server multiple times newly, still same issue persist.  When i ran the jcr resolver for "/sites.html" getting, non exiting resource.

gopi38_0-1673205801032.png

I'm not sure what could be the issue. Kindly help me on this.

Note: unable to see we-retail site, under /content in crx.

Thanks,

gopi

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reply and help!

Finally found the issue is with Java mismatch, completely removed all versions of java and installed required version then extracted the server.

It's working fine now.

Thank again!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @gopi38 ,

Can you check on "/system/console/jcrresolver" and enter "/sites.html" into the field below "configuration test"? It should result in something like this:

SantoshSai_0-1673207637653.png

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

Hi @SantoshSai ,

As mentioned in the description, I can see no existing resource only.

gopi38_1-1673250328627.png

I dont understand why i'm getting like this.

Thanks!

Level 1

what java installation are you using, ie. what java -version is returning for you ? Are you running AEm with user that has proper permission to the directory where it is unpacked?

Level 2

@makro24 below is my java configuration, previously i had java 8.  I have upgraded to java 11.  I'm creating aem instance in my user directory only, i have no permission issue.

Java Runtime

OpenJDK Runtime Environment(build 11.0.13+8-LTS)
Java Virtual Machine OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM(build 11.0.13+8-LTS, mixed mode, sharing)

Community Advisor

Hi @gopi38 ,

Could you provide more error logs, usually 404 implies either the resource does not exist or we do no have access to (or authentication service error). It can be a directory permission issue as @makro24 pointed out. BTW, if you have access to crx/de, do you see your project under /content/<PROJECT>?

Thanks,

Ritesh Mittal

Level 2

Hi @Ritesh_Mittal,

I didn't deploy my application, just extracted server and started it.  I can see total 579 bundles, all are up and running.

below is the screenshot of content,

gopi38_0-1673249914097.png

Also im unable to see we-retail site, even I started with samplecontent run mode.

There is not error log generated related to this.

Thanks!

Level 5

Hi,

Looks like an issue with java runtime version issue. Can you reinstall java or try with a lower version.

Level 2

Hi @srikanthpogula,

I'm working on aem version 6.5.0, believe that should support java 11.  As per client request i have upgraded from java 8 to java 11.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reply and help!

Finally found the issue is with Java mismatch, completely removed all versions of java and installed required version then extracted the server.

It's working fine now.

Thank again!