Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Request to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp failed, response=Unauthorized

Level 2

I have created a different user and password instead of using default admin/admin credentials for building the project bundle and deploying the package. I have given all the permission to this new user account which the admin user has. Also, I am able to deploy the OSGi java bundle successfully using the maven script.

However, when I am trying to deploy the content package i.e. vault using maven, I am getting the following error. If I manually login to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr using the new credentials and try to deploy the package manually then it works.

Can someone help me to understand what am I missing?

[INFO] --- content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install (default-cli) @ [project]-vault ---
[INFO] Installing [project]-vault (/Users/[my_user]/[my project]/[project]-vault/target/[project]-vault-0.0.1.zip) to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp
[INFO] AuthChallengeProcessor - basic authentication scheme selected
[INFO] HttpMethodDirector - Failure authenticating with BASIC 'Sling (Development)'@localhost:4502
[ERROR] Request to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp failed, response=Unauthorized
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install (default-cli) on project [project]-vault: Error while installing package. Check log for details. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install (default-cli) on project [project]-vault: Error while installing package. Check log for details.

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Error while installing package. Check log for details.
    at com.day.jcr.vault.maven.mgr.PackageInstallMojo.uploadPackage(PackageInstallMojo.java:281)
    at com.day.jcr.vault.maven.mgr.PackageInstallMojo.execute(PackageInstallMojo.java:200)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
    ... 19 more

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

This issue has been resolved :). I was using <user> which is not applicable for goal package and instead should be using <userId> as per the maven documenation.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/5-5/core/how_to/how_to_use_the_vlttool/vlt-mavenplugin.html

<plugin>
                <groupId>com.day.jcr.vault</groupId>
                <artifactId>content-package-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>0.0.18</version>
                <configuration>
                    <name>${project.artifactId}</name>
                    <failOnError>true</failOnError>
                    <filterSource>src/main/content/META-INF/vault/filter.xml</filterSource>
                    <builtContentDirectory>src/main/content/jcr_root</builtContentDirectory>
                    <packageFile>target/${project.artifactId}-${project.version}.zip</packageFile>
                    <targetURL>${crx_url}/crx/packmgr/service.jsp</targetURL>
                    <!--  <user>${crx_user}</user> -->
                    <userId>${crx_user}</userId>
                    <password>${crx_password}</password>
                    <verbose>true</verbose>
                    <useProxy>false</useProxy>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>package</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

This issue has been resolved :). I was using <user> which is not applicable for goal package and instead should be using <userId> as per the maven documenation.

http://dev.day.com/docs/en/cq/5-5/core/how_to/how_to_use_the_vlttool/vlt-mavenplugin.html

<plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <verbose>true</verbose>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>package</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

Level 3

vsharm3 wrote...

<plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <verbose>true</verbose>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>package</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

It was very useful this thread, same issue happen to me.

Community Advisor

vsharm3 wrote...

I have created a different user and password instead of using default admin/admin credentials for building the project bundle and deploying the package. I have given all the permission to this new user account which the admin user has. Also, I am able to deploy the OSGi java bundle successfully using the maven script.

However, when I am trying to deploy the content package i.e. vault using maven, I am getting the following error. If I manually login to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr using the new credentials and try to deploy the package manually then it works.

Can someone help me to understand what am I missing?

[INFO] --- content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install (default-cli) @ [project]-vault ---
[INFO] Installing [project]-vault (/Users/[my_user]/[my project]/[project]-vault/target/[project]-vault-0.0.1.zip) to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp
[INFO] AuthChallengeProcessor - basic authentication scheme selected
[INFO] HttpMethodDirector - Failure authenticating with BASIC 'Sling (Development)'@localhost:4502
[ERROR] Request to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp failed, response=Unauthorized
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install (default-cli) on project [project]-vault: Error while installing package. Check log for details. -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.day.jcr.vault:content-package-maven-plugin:0.0.16:install (default-cli) on project [project]-vault: Error while installing package. Check log for details.

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoFailureException: Error while installing package. Check log for details.
    at com.day.jcr.vault.maven.mgr.PackageInstallMojo.uploadPackage(PackageInstallMojo.java:281)
    at com.day.jcr.vault.maven.mgr.PackageInstallMojo.execute(PackageInstallMojo.java:200)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
    ... 19 more

Really appreciate the update

Level 2

This can be due to if you are using different passwords for AEM author instance 
You need to change your pom.xml file and replace the default password with your password that you are using for the Author instance

<properties>
        <aem.host>localhost</aem.host>
        <aem.port>4502</aem.port>
        <aem.publish.host>localhost</aem.publish.host>
        <aem.publish.port>4503</aem.publish.port>
        <sling.user>admin</sling.user>
        <sling.password>your_password</sling.password>
        <vault.user>admin</vault.user>
        <vault.password>your_password</vault.password>

<project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
        <project.reporting.outputEncoding>UTF-8</project.reporting.outputEncoding>
    </properties>

Level 1

These packages uses the variables ${vault.user} and ${vault.password} by default.If we created a new credentials we have to update it in the pom.xml.

In the parent pom.xml replace the <vault.user> and <vault.password> with the new username and password you have created...