Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

request_for_activation workflow on AEM as Cloud

Community Advisor

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing good!

I was trying to modify the OOTB request for activation workflow and while building the code for AEM as Cloud Service I am getting the below error.

+- <MAJOR> /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/request_for_activation/jcr:content [restricted resource type]: /libs/cq/workflow/components/pages/model is marked INTERNAL [ui-content-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.zip]
** Violations were reported at or above severity: MAJOR **

The resource type that is being used is:

sling:resourceType="cq/workflow/components/pages/model"

Can someone give some insight about this issue and a possible resolution. I have done the similar implementation on AEM 6.5 and it works perfectly fine.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ ,

Hope you are doing good. Since, it is internal resourceType one of thing you can do is to :
Create an overlay of the path "cq/workflow/components/pages/model" in /apps (/apps/cq/workflow/components/pages/model) and  then try, it would resolve because then it wont be internal and you have the control over the overlay path located in /apps.

One more thing I would suggest to try (not sure if that would help to omit this error):
Create a proxy resource having
sling:resourceSuperType: cq/workflow/components/pages/model
AND
/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/request_for_activation/jcr:content should use the resourceType as NEW PROXY created resource and trigger the build.

Thanks. Keep me posted if you still have issues and the above 2 didn't help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ ,

Hope you are doing good. Since, it is internal resourceType one of thing you can do is to :
Create an overlay of the path "cq/workflow/components/pages/model" in /apps (/apps/cq/workflow/components/pages/model) and  then try, it would resolve because then it wont be internal and you have the control over the overlay path located in /apps.

One more thing I would suggest to try (not sure if that would help to omit this error):
Create a proxy resource having
sling:resourceSuperType: cq/workflow/components/pages/model
AND
/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/request_for_activation/jcr:content should use the resourceType as NEW PROXY created resource and trigger the build.

Thanks. Keep me posted if you still have issues and the above 2 didn't help.

Level 2

Hi @milind_bachani,

I am facing a similar issue when deploying a custom workflow with multiple `OR` steps. I am seeing the error as shown in the screenshot below.

Do we have to overlay all the resource types pertaining to the workflow steps in the /apps folders? Please advise!

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 9.20.26 AM.png