Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

request attributes

Level 4

Hi I am new to Adobe AEM.

I am going through carousel.jsp 's code. there I have seen (List list = (List)request.getAttribute("list");)

where this "list" attribute has been set? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The carousel component inherits the OOTB list component, as you can see in the properties of carousel component

sling:resourceSuperType
String
foundation/components/list

In line 37 carousel.jsp, ootb carousel is loading init.jsp, that is actually being loaded from /libs/foundation/components/list/init.jsp and which contains the code for set attribute

List list = new List(slingRequest, new PageFilter()); request.setAttribute("list", list);

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Actually, carousel component inherits list component and that's where the list is being set in the request object.

--

Jitendra

krishh_187 wrote...

Hi I am new to Adobe AEM.

I am going through carousel.jsp 's code. there I have seen (List list = (List)request.getAttribute("list");)

where this "list" attribute has been set? 

Correct answer by
Level 10

The carousel component inherits the OOTB list component, as you can see in the properties of carousel component

sling:resourceSuperType
String
foundation/components/list

In line 37 carousel.jsp, ootb carousel is loading init.jsp, that is actually being loaded from /libs/foundation/components/list/init.jsp and which contains the code for set attribute

List list = new List(slingRequest, new PageFilter()); request.setAttribute("list", list);