Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

ReplicationActionType.DELETE does't work

Level 1

There is a thread related to this discussion. But I don't think the question has been satisfactorily answered even though it's closed now. So I thought it'd be a good idea to open the discussion again.

ReplicationActionType.DELETE

I encountered the similar issue that ReplicationActionType.DELETE doesn't actually delete anything from author even though I was pretty sure that I used administrator user to delete the node and there wasn't error in the server log. So I wanted to know whether ReplicationActionType.DELETE was designed to delete a CQ node from author and publish (if the replication is setup properly).  BTW, I use AEM 6.

For the time being, if anyone seeing the same issue, there is a workaround to resolve the problem by using node.remove().

Thanks,

Zeyin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Zeyin,

This happens to be a default behavior. As far as replication actions go, deactivate and delete are treated the same way. Both of these result in deactivating content on target server and do not delete content from the source system.

Please log a ticket with AEM support, if you think this is an issue and needs to be addressed.

Thanks

Varun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Zeyin,

This happens to be a default behavior. As far as replication actions go, deactivate and delete are treated the same way. Both of these result in deactivating content on target server and do not delete content from the source system.

Please log a ticket with AEM support, if you think this is an issue and needs to be addressed.

Thanks

Varun

Level 1

Hey Varun,

Thanks for your response.

I don't think this is an issue if the document is clear. I'm not surprised many developers would spend hours trying to work out why their application didn't delete the nodes even though the document said it would.

So yes, I will log a support ticket to see whether I can get some official response/confirmation.

Thanks

Zeyin