Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

replication-receiver OOTB user (AEM 6.0)

Level 4

Hi,

Could someone provide details about "replication-receiver" OOTB user?

1. What this user used for?

2. How it should affect on AEM if I delete this user at all?

I've found a note (http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/security/security-checklist.html):

The replication user should also not be the admin user, but a user who can only see content that is supposed to be replicated. The replication user is used to collect the content to be replicated on the author system before it is sent to the publisher.

But after removal of this user on author and publish instances I don't see any changes (replication is working).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Since for security reasons, we are not supposed to use admin user, we can choose to use this user. To use this user, you first need to login as admin and change this user's password and then replace admin with this user in the agent. By default, this user is not used.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Since for security reasons, we are not supposed to use admin user, we can choose to use this user. To use this user, you first need to login as admin and change this user's password and then replace admin with this user in the agent. By default, this user is not used.

Level 3

May I know the default OOB password for "replication-receiver" user in AEM 6.3. I couldn't find the correct password. some blogs says its same as the user name. But it doesn't seem to be working when I try to login.

Level 3

Hi @sureshr19072451,

it is recommended to set a new Password for the "replication-receiver" user. You can do this by simply login as admin and change the password of this user.