Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replication Agent Limitations

Level 1

Hi all.

I have a period of maintenance coming up, where it will be necessary to take down our publish servers one at a time for an extended period.

Could anyone advise, if there are any limitations on the replication queue, regarding the number of changes it will hold whilst the publish server is down, and / or how long they will remain on the queue for?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

To add some aspects on top: The number of items in the replication queue is not limited, but of course a large number of replication items in the queue can have an impact on the responsiveness of the authoring UI (especially on ClassicUI). Also some other aspects will get slower when the number of items in the queue is just growing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi, There are no limitations as such for the replication queue. I have seen more than 50k pages stuck in the queue & it will remain as it is until you retry or clear it manually.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

To add some aspects on top: The number of items in the replication queue is not limited, but of course a large number of replication items in the queue can have an impact on the responsiveness of the authoring UI (especially on ClassicUI). Also some other aspects will get slower when the number of items in the queue is just growing.