Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

replace images on page

Level 2

Sorry if this seems basic but I tried "Components" tab with "Edit" and/or "Design" mode.    It seems like it keeps switching me back to "Edit".  Then I get the backside menu of what looks like fields and labels.  I don't see any images.  So I try "Page" instead of "Components"  and I try "Design".  I drop an image on an image I want to replace and it doesn't replace it.  It just takes me to a file:/// page in the browser with that image.  How do I change some images on my page?  Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for your revert.

If you have a sidekick then you are in the Classic UI. But if you are not not the classic UI then in the author click the Settings icon and choose Classic UI. 

[img]UI.png[/img]

Once you are there you will see the sidekick. On the sidekick select the Design mode.

[img]design.png[/img]

Now you can add components by editing Design of grid and add the image component.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Please go through the below doc and see if it helps:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/page-authoring/editing-content.html

Thanks!

Level 2

Thanks for the helpful link but  I have a question.  I don't have any menu options in the sidekick? I have it on "components" and "edit".  There is no components list, images, nothing only blank.  Could it be a permissions issue?  .  I can click "edit" on the page itself and get a menu of what looks like field labels.   But I need to replace some images and add some images.   I don't know if it is classic or  touch optimized UI?  I was looking for the :  3 dots menu and don't see one.  Where would that be?  I'm assuming that I have classic but I don't know.  I am in "Author".  Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for your revert.

If you have a sidekick then you are in the Classic UI. But if you are not not the classic UI then in the author click the Settings icon and choose Classic UI. 

[img]UI.png[/img]

Once you are there you will see the sidekick. On the sidekick select the Design mode.

[img]design.png[/img]

Now you can add components by editing Design of grid and add the image component.

Thanks!