Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Reordering root language locale in publish instance

Level 4

HI All,

on author , i have site structure for a country is as follows

demosite => en(master)

it

de

due to this using core language navigation component using this site structure to show website language dropdown

already pages are site structure are published to published instance

now client requirement it to change the website language dropdown i.e en-> de-> it 

when i tried in local SDK in authoring instance using list view i was able to switch the locale and published then it reflected in publish env i.e new language dropdown i.e en-> de-> it 

so its working fine in local SDK

but now doing the same in AEM cloud instance i.e on authoring instance switching the  locale , on authoring preview pages also dropdown is reflecting with new structure but after publishing its not updating in publish instance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @sonuk85184451 

Have you published just the language pages, or their immediate parent as well?

The ordering information is stored in the parent.

Once replicated, please ensure following:

- Access via Publish URL

- Access via incognito mode

- Also, validate the headers that you are not viewing the cached content Exploring AEM Request and Response Headers: Analysis of Browser, CDN and Dispatcher – Adobe Experien...

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Your author environment is working as expected, great!
From what you are experiencing, I can tell you this may occur because of 2 possible reasons.

1. Your AEM website is still cached.
  2. If the languages are showing up as expected on author, chances are that while moving the position of the page, the move has not been replicated, and so your pib

1. Log into AEMaaCS
      1. Go into developer console
      2. Select publisher and click on "Review Content Hierarchy", and you should see the structure existing on your publishers. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @sonuk85184451 

Have you published just the language pages, or their immediate parent as well?

The ordering information is stored in the parent.

Once replicated, please ensure following:

- Access via Publish URL

- Access via incognito mode

- Also, validate the headers that you are not viewing the cached content Exploring AEM Request and Response Headers: Analysis of Browser, CDN and Dispatcher – Adobe Experien...

Aanchal Sikka