Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Reject Translation function doesn't work in Translation Connector

Level 2

Hello every experts:

I am using bootstrap connector to test Pseudo Translation functionality. If I totally have 7 pages need to be translated, 6 of them are approved translation, 1 of them is rejected, however I still can see the page is still be translated even though I reject this page in Translation Job. I also checked the JS code of accepttranslation.js and rejecttranslation.js are pretty similiar, so I assume reject translation functions is the same as accept translation which means reject translation doesn't work.

I also tested Microsoft Translation Connector, the behavior is the same.

So does anyone know why reject translation doesn't work? Is this the AEM bug and any solutions to resolve this problem?

Please refer to attachment for more detail.RejectTranslation1.jpg

RejectTranslation2.jpg

RejectTranslation3.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Reject functionality would initiate update translations, if supported by translation partner. Once a user rejects translation objects, translation partner will be notified with the same. If you are working with a partner, please request your translation partner regarding the support for reject workflow. If you are building your own connector or a partner, this process is initiated via updateTranslationObjectState[1].

Also, as this needs reading comments and updating translations accordingly, it is not supported by Machine Translation only frameworks like Microsoft.

Reject status is an indication that the content needs update. The content would not be reverted to source language.

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/co...

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 8

I am using AEM 6.3 SP2 and I don't see any issues, what is the version you are using ?

Level 2

Thank you for your answer, I am using AEM 6.3.

Level 1
Hi Michael, were you able to solve the problem. We are running into the same problem. We don't know what's happening.

Level 2

Anyone can help me to look at this issue? should I install sp2 patch for AEM 6.3? does sp2 has any translation code patch?

Level 8

I am not sure about sp2 has any translation related code patch or not we need to check release notes. but you can test this in the local environment by installing SP2 and if everything looks good then only push SP2 into upper environments.

Level 2

Thank you for your reply. Would you please attach your screenshot for me? I want to know how is the right behavior looks like after you click reject translation for one/some pages.

BTW: you are using Human Manual Translation or Machine Translation?

Level 2

Hello, everyone,

Anyone can reproduce this issue? Any solution for this?

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am able to reproduce the issue in 6.3.

For me its occurring while creating language copies, while updating language copies, it is not updating the content.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Why are you not using AEM functionality for translating content. We have a session next week on this very subject -- https://www.meetup.com/AEM-Technologist-Group/events/252347279/

Level 2

Hi ,

We have a 3rd translation provider system need to be integrated with AEM, so we need translation connector to do the Translation. Here I want to confirm if Reject/Approve Translation function in TranslatonJob is AEM bug or this is what design as it is?

If it is a AEM bug, do we have a patch?

If it is design as expected, I don't understand the business value here. I think if we reject some page's translation, we can leave a comment the reason why we reject and send this reject translation and comment to the 3rd translation provider to let them know we reject the page's translation. This is the right business behavior, right?

Level 10

This type of question is exactly why the AEM ENG Translation team is holding this event next Tues. I strongly recommend that you sign up (see link in my previous reply) and you can ask these questions to the team. In the mean time - i have asked the team to look here too.

Level 2

Thank you smacdonald2008​ for your reply. BTW: Can you let me know where I can find the source code of Accpet Translation and Reject Translation step?

Please check screenshot if I find the right one?

One more question: If I want to have RejectTranslation event integrate with 3rd party Translation provider, how should I do this ? As I know Accept/Reject translation is AEM OOTB function, not sure how to call out external application?

1603930_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Reject functionality would initiate update translations, if supported by translation partner. Once a user rejects translation objects, translation partner will be notified with the same. If you are working with a partner, please request your translation partner regarding the support for reject workflow. If you are building your own connector or a partner, this process is initiated via updateTranslationObjectState[1].

Also, as this needs reading comments and updating translations accordingly, it is not supported by Machine Translation only frameworks like Microsoft.

Reject status is an indication that the content needs update. The content would not be reverted to source language.

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/developing/using/reference-materials/javadoc/co...

Level 2

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for your reply, you means reject translation doesn't supported by Machine Translation? Only support by Human Translation? If I have to use Machine Transaltion, how can I customize reject translation code to co-operate with 3rd Translation Provider? Do you have any ideas?

Level 2

Hi @Ankur Sial,

I think I get the inspiration from you comment about "If you are building your own connector or a partner, this process is initiated via updateTranslationObjectState[1]" which means any status changed for TO will trigger the updateTranslationObjectState method, this helped me a lot, as I can write my custom "Accept" or "Reject" script in this method to communicate with TMS.

So I will mark your answer as the correct answer. Thank you again.