Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reinstalling the content package and the page status

Level 3

Hi All,

Am running AEM 6.1 SP2 CFP11.

I would like to clarify a scenario and the expected AEM behaviour in a situtation. Below is the scenario:

Steps:

I created a new page named TestPage.(neither activated nor deactivated)

I created a package TestPackage and filtered the TestPage alone and made a build.

Now i activated the TestPage and it is available in Publisher.

Then i installed the TestPackage.

Results:

In Author the page shows as neither activated nor de-activated -> shows grey.

In Publisher the page is still active.

Can someone advise me on how we can sync the status of pages between author and publisher in this case?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

@Arun_007, when you install your TestPackage you're basically overwriting all you did since the package was built, basically the replication properties added to the page node when replication was executed. I see three options for synchronizing your Author content with you publisher in the scenario you described:

option 1: Custom  Reverse  Replication Agent to collect and retrieve "Replication" properties from Publish into Author

option 2: Use Adobe Consulting Services JCR Compare tool (JCR Compare ) to find out difference among both AEM instances

option 3: develop custom API to traverse all pages and reverse replicate replication properties

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Once the page is activated, page will be pushed to publish instance(s). In your case, deactivate the page before reinstalling the content package.

Deactivating a page will remove from publish instance(s).

Hope this helps !

Level 3

Imagine if in case multiple pages(100) are affected. We cannot go and deactivate each and every page.

Community Advisor

I have explained you what will happen when you activate a page and reinstall the old content in author.

It will also be difficult to create content package manually for 100 pages.

What is your use case of activating 100+ pages and reinstalling the old content package which are not activated ?

You have to write a service to deactivate the pages programmatically by passing the pages list in excel/text file if the number of pages are more.

Also, programmatically you can create package with the list of url's.

Correct answer by
Level 3

@Arun_007, when you install your TestPackage you're basically overwriting all you did since the package was built, basically the replication properties added to the page node when replication was executed. I see three options for synchronizing your Author content with you publisher in the scenario you described:

option 1: Custom  Reverse  Replication Agent to collect and retrieve "Replication" properties from Publish into Author

option 2: Use Adobe Consulting Services JCR Compare tool (JCR Compare ) to find out difference among both AEM instances

option 3: develop custom API to traverse all pages and reverse replicate replication properties

Level 3

Thanks for framing the answer perfectly.