Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Regarding RTE Styles

Level 1

Hi,

When i am open AEM page unwanted style getting added to Rich text component, Because of this style pages keep on scrolling to left.rte.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @SreekanthReddy ,

When you adding at that time only style is adding means you may imported clientlibs in rich text component either in html or via class name in node.

Please check where you are importing the css class and remove the same or add the correct one.

Let us know.

Happy Coding 

~BK

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @SreekanthReddy ,

When you adding at that time only style is adding means you may imported clientlibs in rich text component either in html or via class name in node.

Please check where you are importing the css class and remove the same or add the correct one.

Let us know.

Happy Coding 

~BK

Level 1

HI @khamat_bn

I am not importing any clientlibs regarding that style, it's by default getting added to page

that style not available in our clientlibs also.

Thanks

Level 4
@SreekanthReddy Can you please send content.xml and hml for this component.

Level 4

Hi @SreekanthReddy ,

If you copied this component, there might be some classes included in it (might be in the node or in HTML) or else the page that you including might have that behaviour to add a class in CL.

I recommend you to try -

1) include the same component in the different project rather than current. Check whether it's working correctly or not.

2)If not then try to create Richtext comp. from scratch, You can follow adobe documentation for these 

References -
https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/touchUI_RTE_configure.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/touchUI_RTE_configure.html#OverlaytheTextComponent

Happy Coding

~BK

Community Advisor

Hi @SreekanthReddy ,

It might be possible the content is copied from somewhere and while pasting it took the formatting of the source text.

Can you reauthor your text in rte after removing the source formatting?[You can use various method to remove formatting like an online tool https://www.textcleanr.com/# or copy the text in word and remove formatting before pasting it in richtext]

Regards,

Arpit

Community Advisor

@SreekanthReddy  How did you author your RTE ? The content which I can see via inspect element doesn't look like authored via RTE field. It can be possible it might be source edited ? Could you please confirm how this is authored ? If you think the authoring is done properly and still it is getting added, as an additional step of debugging , can you author a page in we-retail using the same RTE component and check if the additional styles are getting added ?