Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reg. Metadata Schema Editor Limitations

Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to create some custom metadata schema in which we have about 120 properties to be provided. I could successfully create and edit up to 80 fields. After that if I add some more fields , the previous fields are being vanished. Also I am not able to create more than 8 tabs in my metadata schema. The last 2 or 3 tabs are not coming up when I am trying to edit in the edit properties window of the Touch UI.

Is there a limit for the number of properties and the number of tabs , one can have in a metadata schema ? Please advise.

Thanks,

San

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Tabs might be there, but overall space may not be enough to display. Can you debug at the browser and inspect the element to confirm the tabs are there or not.

As of I know I dont see any restrictions on the numbers !

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Tabs might be there, but overall space may not be enough to display. Can you debug at the browser and inspect the element to confirm the tabs are there or not.

As of I know I dont see any restrictions on the numbers !

Level 4

Raise a daycare ticket.

We faced same issue in AEM6 SP2. The max number of metadata was lesser than 80 as I remember , still we had the problem.

Managed with one common tab somehow.

Level 6

Hi @sumitc22,

Do you know if there is this limitation for AEM 6.1?

Att.

Level 4

The issue is due to "sling.default.max.parameters" and "request.max.file.count" limits. By default the this value is set to 10K to limit the DDoS attacks. You can raise this limit in OSGI config but this is not a viable solution.

I would suggest the below.
1. If the metadata is coming from other integrated products such as Workfront. maintain these fields in Workfront or other systems and have the value stored as a text field or tag in AEM(DAM). This will be a solution if it's intended to not modify anything directly in AEM.
2. Restructure and segregate your data so you can split the metadata schema into multiple and apply them at folder level(it is not possible to apply multiple metadata schemas to a single folder).
3. Raise a field service engagement with adobe to understand your scenario and suggest solution.

Adobe is already aware of this limitation and they should defiantly work on a permanent fix.