Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Recursive Invocations Error

Former Community Member

Hi All

Does any one faced too much recursive invocations (>=20) error

any clue would be helpful

Regards

Manjunath

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Deleted Account ,

There are multifarious reasons you will get "too much recursive invocations (>=20)"

• If I have model class A that has a @ChildResource of model class B, where B is a proxy extension of a WCM Core model, the result is an infinite loop attempting to inject the child resource B into model A.
  • If haven't following delegation pattern guidelines.
  • If superType of the proxy component is null.

Refer: https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/issues/466

However, Appreciate if you paste those errors here for better understanding.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Community Member

WARN [10.45.1.4 [1655402353722] GET /content/<>/<>/mortgage.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.models.impl.ModelAdapterFactory Could not adapt to model
org.apache.sling.models.factory.ModelClassException: Adapting JcrNodeResource, type=<>/components/structure/page, superType=null, path=/content/<>/<>/personal/loans/home-equity-line-of-credit/jcr:content to interface com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Page failed, too much recursive invocations (>=20).
at org.apache.sling.models.impl.ModelAdapterFactory.internalCreateModel(ModelAdapterFactory.java:372) [org.apache.sling.models.impl:1.4.16]

Community Advisor

seems like something wrong with your Model classes, could you please provide your code snippet?

thanks,

Sravan

Community Advisor

Hi @Deleted Account , could you please be more specific with error and scenario?

Thank you,

Sravan

Level 7

@Deleted Account 

I have seen this type of error in MSM set up where Livecopy property is missing on sub pages nodes.

But it will be helpful if you provide complete stack trace.