Rearrange components having editConfig in a page

Level 4

We have a page with multiple components dragged in a page, something like below

- Page
-- Component 1
-- Component 2
-- Component 3
-- Component 4

Now when we are trying to place Component 3 before Component 1 or something like this, AEM is not allowing to move the components, when there is editConfig present on the components. When there is no editConfig component, then movement or rearrangement works fine. 

We have not provided CRX acess to content authors and we don't want to rearrange components order from CRX. Let me know if there is way to handle this in components with editConfig.

Thanks
- Sandeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ok.

So adding insert to cq:action would make the components rearrangable (DnD to move them) in both Classic and Touch UI.

Regards,

Daniel.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hi, Sandeep.

Is this related to the default value of cq:actions for cq:EditConfig?

Does adding copymove to cq:actions help you in any way?

http://labs.6dglobal.com/blog/2014-01-08/the-great-and-powerful-cq-editconfig/

Regards,

Daniel.

Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for inputs. It was to do with cq:actions only. I had copymove but not insert. The reference link you mentioned in the post has mention of insert also and that worked. You can update this information in the answer, would mark that as correct, as that would help community refer the correct answer at the top of the post.

Regards,
Sandeep 

Level 4

Hi, Sandeep.

So making it "insertable" has solved the issue, right?

Out of curious: if you keep insert, but  remove copymove, would it still work? Or, in the end, do you need both of them?

Regards,

Daniel.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ok.

So adding insert to cq:action would make the components rearrangable (DnD to move them) in both Classic and Touch UI.

Regards,

Daniel.

Level 4

daniel_henrique wrote...

Ok.

Regards,

Daniel.

Yes, the earlier message got deleted by mistake

Level 5

FYI - since labs.6dglobal.com is down, here's a link to the same article on the cq:editconfig on my personal blog:

https://www.danklco.com/posts/2014/01/08/the-great-and-powerful-cq-editconfig/