Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Re-indexing Does not work as expected? Publish 1 works, and Publish 2 still Pending

Level 6

We are dealing with 2 publishers, and AEM 6.5.5.

We have some lucene rules which it will index DAM assets and cq_Pages. When we installed the indexes, we tried to go into crx/de, /oak:indexes and change reindex=false for both rules. And after 2-3 minutes, they would both be reindex, and we checked OSGI reports, and it says the indexes were indexed. 

Next, we refreshed the page, and search was not working as expected, so for each publisher, we tried to use crx/de, /oak:indexes again and now the logs says the structure is cannot be overridden, and the logs suggested to delete /crx-quickstart/../index/my-site*... And so we did ssh into the publishers, and deleted the files, and restarted both of the servers.

Publisher 1
After restarting the publisher 1, we watched the logs as indexing was being generated, and from here, what I can see, it was indexing. After around 10 minutes, we tried the search feature, it was working as expected.

Publisher 2
After restarting the publisher 2, we watched the logs as indexing was being generated, and from here, what I can see, it was indexing. After around 10 minutes, we tried the search feature, it was NOT working as expected.

Publisher 2 is still not working as expected, the search is broken. We tried to againdelete /crx-quickstart/../index/my-site* like 3 times, restarted AEM, but nothing was happening. We kept all the /crx-quickstart/../index/* files and only tampered with delete /crx-quickstart/../index/my-site*. Should we try to deete the entire delete /crx-quickstart/../index/*? What is the problem? Thank you

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have a solution for you, I sorted this problem out with a process of trial and error.

Step 1: Identifying the Issue with the Query Performance Tool

Step 2: Updating Lucene Index Properties

Step 3: Deleting and Remaking %_TARGET_FOLDER_%

Step 4: Complete Index Folder Deletion

Step 5: Unconventional Solution

For more details, you can checkout this blog article here -> https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/aem-6-5-5-not-indexing-problem-fixed

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@AEMWizard ,

In this case, I would first make sure the content you are trying to index and search are consistent and in sync across both the publish instances. If the content is in sync and the indexing is processing as expected in both the publish instances, the query result should be identical on both the instances.

Also, use explain query tool to check which indexes are picked up to process your query. This might give you some more insight into your problem.

Level 6

Yes, all content are synced. Publisher 1 and 2 has same content. 

Community Advisor

@AEMWizard ,

Use this url path on both of the publish instances to see the indexes your query is using to execute.

publishnameorIP:4503/libs/granite/operations/content/diagnosistools/queryPerformance.html

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have a solution for you, I sorted this problem out with a process of trial and error.

Step 1: Identifying the Issue with the Query Performance Tool

Step 2: Updating Lucene Index Properties

Step 3: Deleting and Remaking %_TARGET_FOLDER_%

Step 4: Complete Index Folder Deletion

Step 5: Unconventional Solution

For more details, you can checkout this blog article here -> https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/aem-6-5-5-not-indexing-problem-fixed