Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Re-enable inheritance scenarios

Level 8

Hi,

If we broken inheritance on  master page, what the result will be if:

1. I re-enable inheritance by clicking only on YES

2. re-enable inheritance by clicking on Synch page after reverting inheritance

3. re-enable inheritance by clicking on Synch component after reverting inheritance

4. re-enable inheritance by clicking on both tick boxes

Vani1012_0-1706882976231.png

Thanks,

Vani

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Vani1012  

1. I re-enable inheritance by clicking only on YES   --- This means the live copy is not synchronized for past changes in the blueprint but will receive any future rollout updates.

2. re-enable inheritance by clicking on Synch page after reverting inheritance  - Page is synchronized with the blueprint for any current changes in blueprint page and also enables future content rollout updates.

3. re-enable inheritance by clicking on Synch component after reverting inheritance - Same thing as #2 but this is at a component level (on the page)

4. re-enable inheritance by clicking on both tick boxes - if you want both the live copy page and its all components to be synchronized with the current content in blueprint.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Vani1012  

1. I re-enable inheritance by clicking only on YES   --- This means the live copy is not synchronized for past changes in the blueprint but will receive any future rollout updates.

2. re-enable inheritance by clicking on Synch page after reverting inheritance  - Page is synchronized with the blueprint for any current changes in blueprint page and also enables future content rollout updates.

3. re-enable inheritance by clicking on Synch component after reverting inheritance - Same thing as #2 but this is at a component level (on the page)

4. re-enable inheritance by clicking on both tick boxes - if you want both the live copy page and its all components to be synchronized with the current content in blueprint.

Administrator

@Vani1012 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni