Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Rating component saving rating to properties page.

Level 2

Hey so we have created our own custom rating system that we want to save the average rating to the properties page of that pages and to send it to Adobe Analytics So this would be 2 questions. 

1. We are having issues with saving to the properties page when the component is pushed to the publishing environment any documents or help here would be great. 

2. Saving the average to Analytics anything here would be good. I have looked up a few documents from the extending-analytics-components and have little experience doing this. 

Thanks,

LB_PC

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

so couple of things here

1. publish page nodes are immutable for end user operations and should follow guidelines of UGC

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/communities/administer/user-ugc-manage...

2. Recommendation would be to use OOTB component but because of certain use case, if you are deciding to use custom approach, suggest to refer above guide lines.

another approach you can try, is to keep rating and comment storage out of AEM and through service call do the integration and if needed send same data to Analytics.

if more details needed, let me know

hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

so couple of things here

1. publish page nodes are immutable for end user operations and should follow guidelines of UGC

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/communities/administer/user-ugc-manage...

2. Recommendation would be to use OOTB component but because of certain use case, if you are deciding to use custom approach, suggest to refer above guide lines.

another approach you can try, is to keep rating and comment storage out of AEM and through service call do the integration and if needed send same data to Analytics.

if more details needed, let me know

hope this helps.

Level 2
It is all anonymous we don't have users signing in to the site.

Level 9
sure. user generated content is not for logged in user only, its the approach to implement. It is not right approach to right data on publish node directly and that's why this approach was design, otherwise you can follow second option. i hope it clarifies.