Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

"jcr:mixinTypes" property getting removed from child nodes

Level 2

Hi All,

We have a custom component, that have child node with "multifield". When we performing any authoring on component, "jcr:mixinTypes" property is getting removed.

Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 10.23.28 AM.png

If we opening authoring dialog and saving it back, "jcr:mixinTypes" property is getting removed.

Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 10.24.21 AM.png

This is happening on all component with similar structure.

Any suggestion for this scenario will be very helpful.

Thanks

10 Replies

Level 10

What AEM version are you using. Also what multifield granite type are you using.

Level 2

Hi smacdonald2008

We are using Adobe Experience Manager (6.2.0.SP1) and granite/ui/components/foundation/form/multifield

Thanks

Ishaq

Employee Advisor

I can only imagine the case that you have a strange MSM rollout config, which is triggered by any change. Do this happen only on MSM livecopies? What happens if you author MSM blueprints?

Jörg

Level 2

These properties are populating after rollout, so blueprint page it self do not have these properties.

Thanks

Ishaq

Employee Advisor

ok, this behavior is affecting only the livecopies? Have you broken the MSM inheritance to perform changes via UI? Or are you just doing the changes via CRXDE?

Community Advisor

I agree with Jorg. I also feel this is caused due to something in the MSM configurations. Do you have any custom roll out configs which might be affecting this ?

Level 2

Hey @Jörg Hoh

We have hierarchy like Blueprint > Source Pages > LiveCopies , and this behaviour is for both source pages and livecopies. As "jcr:mixinTypes" property is getting added after rollout from blueprint to source pages or from source pages to livecopies, so "jcr:mixinTypes" only exist on source pages or livecopies, not on  blueprint page.

Yes we are broking the msm inheritance to perform changes via UI.

Employee Advisor

Do I understand you right that you have a 2-level MSM Inheritance

Level 1: blueprint 1 -> Livecopy 1 (you call it "source pages")

Level 2: Livecopy 1 -> Livecopy 2

Is that correct? Can you reproduce this behavior on both Level 1 and Level 2? Or only on a single one of them?

I experienced some weirdness when you use multiple inheritance levels and combine it with "unusal" rollout actions and triggers (maybe even custom ones). There might be assumptions made in an rollout action which cannot handle the case that a livecopy is also a blueprint.

For this case I would be good if you check the triggers and rollout actions on both Level 1 and Level 2 (see above).

Level 2

Yes correct, we have two level of inheritance. And we are facing issue on both level 1 and level 2.

But the rollout action on both are same.

Employee Advisor

ok.

thinking about it again, it could the case that the save of the component dialog (which is a POST) overwrites this mixin. Unlikely but possible.

Can you enable the JCR write logging [1] for a test and post the complete messages which are affecting the livecopy in question?

[1] What is writing to my Oak repository? | Things on a content management system