Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Quick Search Component not returning Accordion Content

Level 3

The Quick Search Core Component does not return text results from within the Accordion Core Component. Is this by design, a limitation of the search, or am I missing a configuration somewhere?

I found a similar question from 2017.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/search-component/m-p/26082...

I don't see a resolution in this previous question. Am I to assume I will most likely have to build my own component or somehow extend the Quick Search component to include this content in the search results?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

By research further on the Query Builder, it has come to light that modifying the oak:index configuration can provide expected results with the Quick Search component.

By default, the full-text search filters operate up to a depth of 3 levels (/oak:index/cqPageLucene/aggregates/cq:PageContent). If your JCR content hierarchy extends beyond this depth relative to jcr:content, you should include additional criteria such as include4, include5, and so forth, in order to encompass those contents within the scope of the full-text search. This approach will enable the search to consider content beyond the initial 3 levels.

The final step involves reindexing the cqPageLucene. This can be done by updating the reindex property to "true".

Reference for AEM Full Text Lucene Search
https://medium.com/@shubhanshu.singh/aem-fulltext-lucene-search-implementation-part-1-cd99687ff736 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @JonMaguire,

You are required to either extend the Quick Search component or build one from scratch. This Quick Search component utilizes Fulltext search to retrieve results. You can find the Java Servlet code for the Quick Search here: Quick Search Java Servlet.

I attempted to use the Query Debugger to perform a search based on the "Accordion content", but unfortunately, I didn't receive any results. I have encountered the same result when attempting searches for 'Tabs' and 'Carousel' content as well.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

By research further on the Query Builder, it has come to light that modifying the oak:index configuration can provide expected results with the Quick Search component.

By default, the full-text search filters operate up to a depth of 3 levels (/oak:index/cqPageLucene/aggregates/cq:PageContent). If your JCR content hierarchy extends beyond this depth relative to jcr:content, you should include additional criteria such as include4, include5, and so forth, in order to encompass those contents within the scope of the full-text search. This approach will enable the search to consider content beyond the initial 3 levels.

The final step involves reindexing the cqPageLucene. This can be done by updating the reindex property to "true".

Reference for AEM Full Text Lucene Search
https://medium.com/@shubhanshu.singh/aem-fulltext-lucene-search-implementation-part-1-cd99687ff736 

Level 3

Thank you @Mahedi_Sabuj! This is exactly the information I needed to move forward.