Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Question regarding mobile app

Level 2

Hi,

My customer requested both mobile website(responsive) and mobile hybrid application. 

is it possible to have only 1 site in AEM and to be able to have both options or do I need to manage 2 sites in AEM (one for the mobile web and one from the app?) - assuming the experience is exactly the same. 

Also - if those are 2 sites, is there a way to use blueprint to centrally manage both?

Thanks,

Liran

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Pages from a site cannot immediately be simultaneously used in an app as well. The reason for this is because generally Pages are implemented differently for an app vs. a site. If you still really want to have your site simply wrapped in an app you could possibly employ your own custom copy mechanism that takes pages from a site and copies them to an app.

Keep in mind however that assets can be shared across a site and an app. This includes images, videos and even text with the new content fragment feature in AEM 6.2.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

is there a way to use blueprint to centrally manage both?

You do not use BluePrint to manage apps. See this Ask the AEM COmmuntiy Experts session for more information on AEM APPS: Deep Dive into AEM APps.

Also - you can read this AEM Community article: 

Getting Started with Adobe Experience Manager 6.1 Apps

Correct answer by
Level 3

Pages from a site cannot immediately be simultaneously used in an app as well. The reason for this is because generally Pages are implemented differently for an app vs. a site. If you still really want to have your site simply wrapped in an app you could possibly employ your own custom copy mechanism that takes pages from a site and copies them to an app.

Keep in mind however that assets can be shared across a site and an app. This includes images, videos and even text with the new content fragment feature in AEM 6.2.