Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

QR Code generator component for Adobe AEM / CQ5 | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

QR Code generator component for Adobe AEM / CQ5 by Yuri Simione

Abstract

I like so much Adobe AEM: it is very easy to customize this product and make our customers happier. Moreover, Adobe AEM is based on a wonderful stack: it is easier to work on a state of art technology: Apache Jackrabbit OAK, Apache Sling, Apache Felix and the most important layer, Adobe AEM are so well integrated and very powerful technologies.

A new customer requirement
A customer asked me to create a new Adobe AEM component to generate on the fly QR Code images. The functional requirement is pretty simple: the author wants to add a QR Code that "renders" the current url page url. Occasionally the author wants to create a QR Code to an external Url or different page. QR Code are very useful because with a smartphone or tablet, everyone can scan the QR Code from a monitor and continue the browsing far from the desktop or far from a digital.

In addition, if the end user print the page that contains a QR Code, it will be super fast to scan the QR Code and, again, to continue to surf the same printed information days or months later, without to enter an annoying url. Eventually, QR Code can store more than 4.000 characters on a single image: it is possible to store on a printed page any kind of information on a QR Code, like Sling selectors and parameters used to access the original page, visitor navigation path or detailed information of a specific product showed in the web site.

Why QR Code?
If you think that this is another strange requirement from your digital marketing team, you should change idea. QR Code are in some way related to digital marketing because these can connect a casual visitor to a specific page or, better, to a new web site that he or she never knewed or visited before. Think about digital signage in a shopping center. If you are, like me, a digital marketer newbie probably still don't get the importance of the QR Code technology. Ok, this is not what you should appreciate or love, this is just a an image but probably your digital marketing team will ask you something similar soon.

Read Full Blog

QR Code generator component for Adobe AEM / CQ5

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies