Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Push on Modify Doesn't work

Level 2

Hi Team,

I'm trying to use push on modify trigger to have my live copies updated when I am modifying Blue print page. But it doesn't work. I am not having any custom rollout config. Using the OOTB config. I enabled the sync actions that need to be triggered on Modification of the content sync. I even don't see any errors in the log file while update my blueprint page.

I ran out of options. If I do rollout the changes roll out to the live copies. But I don't want to do that. I want auto push on blue print modification. Does anyone faced the same issue? Any help would be really appreciated.

The same on the Activate and deactivate Roll out configs. We are on AEM 6.1 with SP1.

Thanks,

Narendra N

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 1

I have a similar requirement and created a custom LiveActionFactory and created a Custom Rollout configuration with Trigger as Modify and it is working fine when I modify my Pages from Site admin.

But In addition to that, my blue print pages will be created, update or modified  from a back job. So In this cases also, My roll out config is working fine for Create and Delete but for Update case is failing as there is trigger no page modify as page properties are modified and committed using Sling API ModifiableValueMap.

So is there any way I can achieve either 1.Page Modify or 2.Rollout out the Blueprint page through API.

Level 10

Look here for information on extending AEM MSM -- Extending the Multi Site Manager

Hope this helps...

Level 1

Thanks but as update, I had already created a custom roll-out following the same Links - it is working for case of updating page from Site Admin or Page Manger.   But when we modify page property through Sling API. There is not trigger(Modify) hence it is not reaching my Custom Action.

Level 1

is it OK to set the "cq:lastModified"  property? If i can set this I am get the trigger. Please suggest.

Level 6

Yes, you can. By modification date only it can trigger.

we did the same in our project. 

If you don't have any problem with the latest date, then you can do it.

Thanks

Level 1

Yes. Thanks - I used PageManager().touch(); Soved the purpose. Thank you all